Elaine Hamblin

Arena vending machines out for tender

Elaine Hamblin, contractor of the concession at the Claude Parish Memorial Arena, appealed to District of Houston council on Nov. 1

Elaine Hamblin, contractor of the concession at the Claude Parish Memorial Arena, appealed to District of Houston council onNov. 1 about the arena vending machines.

Hamblin’s enterprise consists of 60 per cent beverages and snacks, the remaining 40 per cent consisting of hot foods.Because of all year expenses, from insurance, to WCB, and interac, Hamblin would like to see the vending machines’ contract return to the arena concession contractor in order to help ends meet.

“The vending machines always belonged to the concession owner. It was a way for them to help with their expenses. But because of liability issues in the past, those machines came to be a separate contract,” said Hamblin.

Hamblin has become an innovative business owner that listens to the input of the public in order to better her business and become successful.

“With the lack of draw to the arena these days, it is very difficult to make a living. You must be super creative, [and] very willing to work. I’ve bought myself several pieces of commercial grade equipment to become more viable. And have listened to the users as to their wants and needs,” commented Hamblin.

“I respectfully request from the mayor and council return the contract to the concession owner, whether it be myself or others that will follow,” said Hamblin.

The contract for the vending machines are now up for tender, and Hamblin plans on putting in a bid.

Houston Today contacted the people who hold the current bid for the vending machines, they thanked the press for contacting them but declined to comment at this time.

 

Just Posted

Puff, puff, pass: Cannabis is officially legal across Canada

B.C. has only one bricks-and-mortar marijuana store

‘Police are ready’ for legal pot, say Canadian chiefs

But Canadians won’t see major policing changes as pot becomes legal

10 things still illegal in the new age of recreational cannabis

Pot is legal – but there are still a lot of rules, and breaking some could leave you in jail

Houston Community Hall holds an all Candidates meeting.

The all Candidates meeting happened on October third, ten candidates are running… Continue reading

Remembering Lejac residential school

Lejac residential school survivor walks in honour of survivors and in memory of those who did not

VIDEO: How to roll a joint

The cannabis connoisseur shares his secrets to rolling the perfect joint

B.C. Lions look to cement CFL playoff spot with victory over Eskimos

B.C. can cement a post-season berth in the wild West Division on Friday night with a home win over the Edmonton Eskimos

Canada ban on asbestos takes effect but mining residues are exempt

Environment Minister Catherine McKenna plans to announce the new regulations implementing the ban on Thursday in Ottawa

Harry and Meghan bring rain to drought-stricken Outback town

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are on day two of their 16-day tour of Australia and the South Pacific.

Demand for legalized cannabis in early hours draws lineups, heavy web traffic

Government-run and privately operated sales portals went live at 12:01 a.m. local time across Canada, eliciting a wave of demand.

Killer-rapist Paul Bernardo set to make parole pitch today

Paul Bernardo, whose very name became synonymous with sadistic sexual perversion, is expected to plead for release on Wednesday.

Hero campaign raises $1.1 million for Canada non-profits

Lowe’s Canada Heroes campaign was held throughout September

Scope of Hurricane Michael’s fury becomes clearer in Florida Panhandle

Nearly 137,000 Florida customers remain without power from the Gulf of Mexico to the Georgia border

Streamlined pardon process for pot possession convictions in Canada

Feds say legalization is first step towards objectives of getting pot out of the hands of kids and eliminating black market

Most Read