1. Adventure Tours: Local companies can provide wilderness adventures tailor-made to suit your interests eitherby land, air, or river.
2. Attractions: Check out the World’s Largest Flyrod, which stands at 60 feet long and 64 kg. Check out the enormous grizzly bear that weighs almost 1000 pounds, it can be seen 24 hours a day at the Chamber of Commerce.
3. Baseball/Softball: Playing fields are located throughout the town. Get a group together for a game.
4. Bird Watching: A variety of species unique to Northern BC can be sighted. These species include bald eagles, Canadian geese, Stellar’s jays and many more.
5. Boating, Canoeing & Kayaking: Enjoy boating on one of our many lakes in the area. Bring your fishing rod and camera, sit back adtake in the wilderness beauty.
6. Bowling: Six lanes of 5 pin, cosmic bowling on weekends, reservations required.
7. Camping: Enjoy spending a weekend in one of Houston’s municipal campgrounds, or one of the many forestry campgrounds found on our beautiful lakes and rivers.
8. Circle Tours: Enjoy scenic tours from Houston to Babine Lake, or from Houston to Francois Lake.
9. Community Events: Check out what is happening by calling the Houston Chamber of Commerce.
10. Farmers Market: Open to everyone during the summer months at the Chamber of Commerce.
11. Forestry Tours: Take a guided tour and see for yourself how the forests are being reforested, harvested and utilized.
12. Four Seasons Park: Rodeo grounds and baseball diamonds are located here.
13. Freshwater Fishing: Fish our lakes and rivers for species such as trout, salmon & steelhead.
14. Golf: Golf at one of our local nine hole courses or try our mini-golf.
15. Helicopter Tours: Call ahead of time and book a tour with one of our local helicopter companies.
16. Hiking Trails: An abundance of hiking trails offer breath taking scenery, and a chance to enjoy wildlife.
17. Join a class: Our community hosts a wide variety of classes from beginner to advanced levels. A few classes include: Yoga,Kickboxing, Tae Kwan Do, Gymnastics, Swimming and Photography.
18. Mill Tours: Join us for a one to three hour tour of one of our local saw-mills, HFP or the World’s Largest, Canfor.
19. Mountain Biking: Bike along Houston’s community walking trails, or try some of the trails on the local mountains and take in thebeautiful scenery.
20. Nightlife: Enjoy our pub and bar for a friendly atmosphere and good food.
21. Photography: What better way to remember your vacation than with your own photos? Take advantage of our beautiful mountain rangesand wildlife.
22. Playgrounds: Houston has several playgrounds located throughout town, they offer fun and relaxation for all.
23. Public Library: The pubic Library offers a wide variety of information about the town, free internet service and reading activities for kids.
24. Restaurants: Enjoy a variety of choices from Ethnic to Western, casual to fine, pizza or sandwiches in one of our local restaurants.
25. Rock Climbing: Owen Hat offers great rock climbing.
26. Shopping: Houston Shopping Mall and downtown Houston offers you a variety of stores to fit your needs.
27. Skateboarding: Check out the Skateboard Park found behind the clinic.
28. Soccer: Gather some friends and a soccer ball for a great game of soccer.
29. Swimming: Go swimming in one of the local lakes or take an Aquafit class in the Houston Leisure Facility.
30. Tennis: Bring your rackets and have fun in the summer weather.
31. Workout: Keep in shape by working out in Steelhead Fitness Center, the Leisure Facility gym, or take an Aquafit, Kickboxing or aerobics class.